Friday 30 April 2010

Friday ramblings...

Yesterday, the older two were invited to a in-line skating party. I didn't have time to go to the shops to buy the present, so I had to make one.



Even though the children have skates, they don't have anywhere to really use them, preferring their bikes, so they were rather wobbly. Champ got the hang of it quite quickly, but we had to exchange Boo's in-line skates for regular skates. She said that it was like driving in a car as apposed to a motor bike - much safer :o)
The photos aren't very good because you are not allowed to take pictures in places like this, these are just some sneaky pics that I managed to take of my kids when other children weren't around.
Boo took a while to get it but by the end of the three hours she was zooming around the rink.
After the boys kept on arguing over the football, I spotted these balls at a bargain store and snatched them up. The boys both wanted red - thank goodness for permanent marker! I did warn them that any arguments or nonsense involving the balls would cause me to confiscate them, the kids obviously didn't believe me and had them confiscated in the first day. After two days of good behaviour they got them back :o)
After a really busy week of having activities every day, we...ok I decided that we needed to have day at home. Time to regroup, tidy the house and get some jobs done.
I was woken up by the younger two giving me a present. They had wrapped a car that Googs had made in a picture that Kiki had drawn. They apparently had planned it all themselves :o) It was so wonderful, they were both so eager to see my expression of delight.
Googs painted the car pink for me.
With the seedlings growing at such a rate, the kids took the opportunity of the day at home to do some gardening. Champ was a little more reluctant than Boo, he prefers the idea of something rather than doing the work required to get it.

Boo worked for hours separating the tiny flower seedlings and planting them, she wanted them just right.
We ran out of bread for lunch and the only thing that I could think of to fill the hungry tummies was a little naughty, so I made sure they first had something healthy.
Followed by cupcakes!!!!!
We found the jar of salt water that had been left over after making rocks had grown some lovely crystals.
After lunch we spent some time reading books.
Googs and Kiki made a book about growing seeds. Kiki's book was VERY colourful with most of the pages being coloured pink. She wants to give her book to Gran.
Googs wanted to be more conservative with his book.
We also all played games. Champ and Boo came up with a game that mixes chess with checkers :o) I am not that sure about the rules but they played it for ages.
It's Friday! Pizzas tonight yummy :o)
I bought pizza pans last week and what a difference! It has cut the cooking time in half and the pizzas are lovely and crispy.
Our pizza dough recipe:
750g strong white bread flour
1 sachet of yeast - 7g
1 Tbsp honey
tiny pinch of salt
450g warm water
Mix everything together in a bowl and knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth. Put in oiled bowl and leave to rise for half and hour.
Roll out and spoon on some pasta sauce, grated cheese whatever topping you like.
Preheat over to about 225 oC and cook until ready.
Photo of precooked pizza.

While the pizzas were cooking, hubby's friendly pheasant came for some food, at least he isn't eating the seeds from the children's gardens.

This evening I am working on this top. The pattern is written a little differently to what I am used to, so it took me some time to get my head round it, but I am getting there.

I am using a different yarn to the one suggested in the book. The yarn is stringier than suggested so I followed the direction for a larger size...I made it WAY too big and had to unravel it ooops. So this is where I am now...

No comments: