Tuesday 8 February 2011

Easter Goose, lego, buttons, drawing, dolls house and...chickens again!

For the first three days that we had the chickens, the children spent ALL day with them! And I mean ALL day, from early morning, they came in briefly for lunch and then and then stayed out until supper time.
Of course that might explain why we haven't got many eggs :) they are over-loved!

While it rained I made an Easter Goose for my Mom.


New York cheesecake


The girls played really well with the dolls house bits and pieces.
I just love this drawing that Googs did of him and his brother with smiley faces on their t-shirts :)
The kids decided to take their chickens for a walk up the hill for some exercise.
although they didn't get much exercise, a few ruffled feathers though :P


off they go :D
I made some new buttons
Kiki both drew this picture and then took a photo of it lol I think that she will have her own blog before long.
The kids have enjoyed the lego again this week, it is funny how they go through fazes of playing with it.
Kiki enjoyed the dolls house.
Champ saw an "o" made out of lego somewhere and wanted to reproduce it.
Googs made a monster truck
and a people carrier. Yay for lego :)

And last but not least, we got the marbling inks out again. We keep going until we run out of table space.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Carolyne I love your chickens and the whole adventure to get them. Those donkeys looked cute to, as did the pups :) It's wonderful to have your own eggs, they taste so much more delicious,, then you can get brave to have some raw ones in shakes we have them often.

Do your boys have Kapla? it's also great for building, My children play with them almost every day.
The paintings are lovely, the marbling and amazing buttons, how did you make them?

so cute how the children love the chickens, my children were there everyday to, but our mama hen had mites so we had to stay away for a few days, because we to were bitten. I've dusted the hen and chicks with diamatacious earth and sprayed organicide around the hen house and garden. Will check tomorrow if it's safe. Sania wants to hold those little babies.

Unknown said...

Carolyne I love your chickens and the whole adventure to get them. Those donkeys looked cute to, as did the pups :) It's wonderful to have your own eggs, they taste so much more delicious,, then you can get brave to have some raw ones in shakes we have them often.

Do your boys have Kapla? it's also great for building, My children play with them almost every day.
The paintings are lovely, the marbling and amazing buttons, how did you make them?

so cute how the children love the chickens, my children were there everyday to, but our mama hen had mites so we had to stay away for a few days, because we to were bitten. I've dusted the hen and chicks with diamatacious earth and sprayed organicide around the hen house and garden. Will check tomorrow if it's safe. Sania wants to hold those little babies.

dorinalouise said...

your days look so lovely with cheesecake and sunshine . . . and chickens! : ) i hope you get some yummy eggs soon.

what a beautiful goose and buttons!

i've been missing having bulbs in my home. i'll be visiting my parents in a week. i hope to bring back some forsythia and have it bloom inside.

it's very cold outside here, but i can still feel spring coming!

Moogie said...

Thank you! Not sure I would be brave enough to have an entire raw egg but I do lick the bowl when baking, does that count :)
I have never heard of Kapla but will look into it, thanks. The buttons are made out of extra strong polymerclay. They wash but not tumble dry or dry clean.
I hope that you got rid of mites. How do you know if your chickens have them? We have decided to order an incubator tomorrow where the kids have to manually turn the eggs :) The kit is expensive but I think that it is worth it in terms of experience. I still remember going to see the hatching chicks in Jo'burg zoo.

Dorina, the flowers have bloomed and smell AMAZING! We don't have many flowers in the house, except for my orchids, as I am not a fan of cut flowers. But bulbs are great and make me so happy because it really feels like spring is here. I actually think that we have had an unusually warm Februaury so far as it normally snows about now.
xxx

dorinalouise said...

yes, just a few weeks ago you had so much snow!

i like bulbs, but after keeping them through the summer, i always forget to plant them before the ground freezes.

Moogie said...

well in England, it never really stays really cold for long. Snow is usually gone within a week. But that is also true for warm weather too, it never really stays hot/warm for long either. The weather is mild-ish/cold-ish (depends on your definition) for most of the year.