Tuesday 15 November 2011

Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls

I got this recipe off the net about a year ago, and we all LOVE it. I can't remember where I got it from so if you know just email me so I can give the credit to the right person.
Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls
Dough
1/3 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
½ cup canned pumpkin (1 can will make 3 batches)
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 egg beaten
1 pack yeast
1 cup plain flour
1 cup bread flour (don’t be stingy with the flour as it’s quite sticky otherwise)

Heat milk and butter until just warm and better melted, stirring.
In bowl put in pumpkin, sugar, salt, and milk mix, beat well
Add egg and yeast
Combine flours and add ½ of flour and beat for 5 mins.
Add remaining flour and mix
Turn into lightly greased bowl
Cover and let rise until doubled - about 1 hour
Punch down, on floured surface knead. Add more flour if too sticky
Roll out into 10x12 inch rectangle

1/3 cup brown sugar
1tsp cinnamon (I add a bit more)
2 tsp melted butter

Mix together sugar and cinnamon in bowl
Brush melted butter over dough rectangle
Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar
Cut dough into 12 x 1inch slices (I use a pizza cutter) and roll up
Place rolls in 9 inch pan
Let rise for 40 mins
Bake at 180 oC for 20 mins
Icing

¼ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
¼ tsp vanilla
Dash of salt
½ to ¾ cup icing sugar


In pan melt butter, stir in sugar and milk
Cook for 1 min
Cool mix
Stir in vanilla, salt and icing sugar
Beat well

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Tasty cinnamon rolls. Will definitely try these. Every recipe of yours I've tried has worked out perfectly and been gobbled all up. And do you get tinned pumpkin in the supermarkets? I've never looked for it before.

Moogie said...

Hello Lovely,
Yes, I buy tinned pumpkin from waitrose, they only stock it at this time of year so grab a few tins as they last for ages :)
x