Saturday, 29 August 2009

puppet theatre

The new school year starts in September so I thought that a puppet theatre would make a good project. Little bit of woodworking, some painting, set design, puppet making and play writing all rolled into one project!

So I went and got some MDF...
The main piece is 4 foot by 4 foot and the two side pieces are 2 foot by 4 foot. There is also a thinner piece for the shelf which is 3 foot by 9 inches.

Next job was to get myself some power tools! These were lent to me by one of our neighbours.

And here is the window!

The children were so excited once this was cut out because it seemed more real to them.
Next job was to buy paint. We went a bit overboard with this and bought enough paint for an entire room! My excuse was that there was a deal on and besides we did restrain ourselves. I mean between me and the four children we could have come home with A LOT more!

Just need to paint it now....

Oh and just to show that all that paint won't go to waste, I am trying to find things around the house to 'refresh'. Here is an old chair that the kids and I sanded all ready for painting...

No comments: